The Brempong Owusu-Antwi Scholarship Fund through the Adventist University of Africa, is offered to African students who, despite their will and strong commitment to learning, do not have adequate financial resources to complete a graduate program on their own.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: The Brempong Owusu-Antwi Scholarship has been established by Judith Thomas, a major donor to the Adventist Church, especially educational institutions, hospitals, evangelistic funds, communication facilities, etc. The scholarship shall be available to students every year. Scholarships may be granted to students who used this Application Form to apply for the scholarship and are able to meet the submission deadline for this year by June 30, 2017.
Eligibility: The Brempong Owusu-Antwi Scholarship Fund is established to assist needy but worthy students at the Adventist University of Africa.
1. This scholarship is established to help needy but worthy Adventist students at the Adventist University of Africa.
2. The scholarship shall, each year, be divided equally (50% each) between the two schools, the Theological Seminary and the
School of Postgraduate Studies
3. For an applicant to benefit from the scholarship fund, he/she must first be a registered student at AUA.
4. The eligible student to receive the Brempong Owusu-Antwi scholarship must not be a recipient of any other AUA
scholarship for the year.
5. The student shall have a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 at the point of entry and would be expected to
maintain no less that 3.0 CGPA throughout his/her studies.
6. Application form shall be filled within a deadline of the year after which the scholarship committee will meet and
recommend beneficiaries to ADCOM for approval.
7. A special consideration shall be given to students from African Countries with few or no students at AUA.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The scholarship will contribute up to half of the student’s tuition and fees each year.
How to Apply: After the Application Form is completed, it should be submitted to the registrar at email@example.com with copies to the two Deans firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . The scholarship Committee will review the applications of every applicant and will forward their recommendations to the AUA Administrative Committee for final approval or denial.
The awarding of scholarships is strictly based on the Guidelines. Therefore, students are encouraged to read these Guidelines carefully PRIOR to completing the Scholarship Application Form.
All applications must include the following:
i. Completed Application Form
ii. One-page personal statement that demonstrates his/her need
iii. A letter of recommendation from the employing organization or the previous university or local Conference.
iv. An employee of the church organization should submit a documented evidence from the employee organization
attesting to his/her financial status
Award Provider: The Brempong Owusu-Antwi Scholarship Fund