Want to hack for a good cause? Join us for the 1st Maker Challenge- A 24 hour 3D printing hackathon. Apply to meet coders, makers and creative minds. 3D Africa will challenge participants to design, ideate and 3D print new things.
Application Deadline: 23rd June 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Nigeria
About the Award: Participants will be given opportunities to identify possible problems in the communities as they relate to health, security and agriculture and provide some solutions in the form or drones, robots and machines.
- Through a competitive application process, HackforGood will attract 20 students between the ages of 18 and 30. Applicants may be techies, programmers, humanists, artists, entrepreneurs, graphic designers, educators and creative visionaries.
- Teams will first participate in a Human Centered Design, Fusion 360, Arduino programming and 3D printing workshop. They will form teams and brainstorm solutions to problem in the area of health, security, transportation and agriculture.
- Team products will be judged based on communicated criteria and prizes will be awarded.
- We especially welcome female participants.
Number of Awards: 20
Value of Program: HackforGood will:
- Identify local talent with the desire to learn and embrace human centered design and 3D printing for impact.
- Enhance positive team building for participants fueled with creativity, innovation and cross-collaboration.
- We invite you to apply and come and meet other enthusiastic creators passionate about designing and building a world with cutting edge technology!
Participants will be given opportunities to identify possible problems in the communities as they relate to health, security and agriculture and provide some solutions in the form or drones, robots and machines.
Duration of Program: 13 – 15 July 2017
How to Apply: Apply in the program webpage (link below)
Award Provider: 3D Africa