The management of Nnamdi Azikiwe University has announced the sales of form for postgraduate admission,2017/2018 academic session. 1.0 POSTGRADUATE DEGREE AND DIPLOMA COURSES AVAILABLE Doctorate and Masters’ Degree and Postgraduate Diploma Programmes are available in the areas listed below;
|Agriculture||(a) Agric Economics & Extension(b) Animal Science & Production(c) Food Science & Technology||PGD, M.Sc, PhDPGD, M.ScPGD, M.Sc|
|Arts||(a)English Language and Literature: (Indicate either LANGUAGE or LITERATURE)(b) History & International Studies:(c) Igbo, African & Asian Studies: (d) Linguistics: (e) Modern European Languages: (f) Music: (g) Religion & Human Relations: (h) Philosophy: (i) Theatre Arts and Film Studies:||MA, PhDPGD, MA, PhDPGD, MA, PhD PGD, MA, PhD PGD, MA, PhD PGD,MA, PhD MA, PhD MA, PhD MA, PhD|
|Basic Medical Sciences||(a) Anatomy(b) Physiology (only on Full-Time Basis)||M.ScM.Sc, PhD|
|Biosciences||(a) Applied Biochemistry:(b) Applied Microbiology & Brewing:(c) Botany: (d) Parasitology & Entomology: (e) Zoology:||M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD|
|Education||(a) Adult Education:(b) Educational Foundations:i. Educational Psychology ii Curriculum Studies iii Educational Measurement, Evaluation and Research (c) Educational Management & Policy: (d) Early Childhood and Primary Education (e) Human Kinetics and Health Education (f) Guidance &Counselling: (g) Library & Information Science: (h) Science Education: (i) Vocational Education:||PGD, M.Ed., PhDPGDE, M.Ed., PhD PGD, M.Ed., PhD PGD, M.Ed., PhD M.Sc(Ed)., PhD PGD, M.Ed., PhD PGD, MLIS, PhD M.Sc(Ed)., PhD PGD, M.Sc(Ed.), PhD|
|Engineering||(a) Agricultural &Bioresources Engineering:(b) Civil Engineering:(c) Chemical Engineering: (d) Electrical Engineering: (e) Electronic & Computer Engineering: (f) Industrial /Production Engineering: (g) Mechanical Engineering: (h) Metallurgical & Materials Engineering: (i) Polymer & Textile Engineering||PGD, M.Eng, PhDM.Eng., PhDPGD, M.Eng, PhD PGD, M.Eng., PhD PGD, M.Eng, PhD PGD, M.Eng, PhD PGD, M.Eng, PhD PGD, M.Eng, PhD PGD, M.Eng, PhD|
|Environmental Sciences||(a) Architecture:(b) Building:(c) Environmental Management: (d) Estate Management: (e) Fine & Applied Arts: (f) Geography and Meteorology: (g) Quantity Surveying (h) Surveying & Geo-informatics:||PGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, MFA., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc. PGD, M.Sc., PhD|
|Health Sciences & Technology||(a) Medical Laboratory Science:(b) Medical Rehabilitation(c)Radiography:||PGD, M.Sc., PhDM.Sc, PhDPGD, M.Sc, PhD|
|Management Sciences||(a) Accountancy:(b) Banking & Finance:(c) Business Administration: (d) Co-operative Economics & Management: (e) Marketing: (f) Public Administration: (g) MBA||PGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, MPA, M.Sc., PhD, MBA|
|Medicine||(a) Chemical Pathology:(b) Medical Microbiology & Parasitology:(c) Pharmacology& Therapeutics:||M.Sc., PhDM.Sc., PhDM.Sc., PhD|
|Pharmaceutical Sciences||(a) Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Management:(b) Forensic Sciences(c) Pharmacognosy & Traditional Medicine: (d) Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Biotechnology: (e) Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry: (f) Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology: (g) Pharmacology and Toxicology||M.Pharm, PhDM.ScM.Sc., M.Pharm, PhD M.Sc., M.Pharm, PhD M.Sc., M.Pharm, PhD M.Sc., M.Pharm, PhD M.Sc., M.Pharm, PhD|
|Physical Sciences||(a) Computer Science:(b) Geological Sciences:(c) Mathematics: (d) Physics & Industrial Physics: (e) Pure & Industrial Chemistry: (f) Statistics:||PGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD|
|Social Sciences||(a) Economics:(b) Mass Communication:(c) Psychology: (d) Political Science: (e) Sociology and Anthropology||PGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhDPGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD PGD, M.Sc., PhD|
2.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2.1 POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES The following may apply for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programmes: 2. 1.1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with FCGPA of 2.39 and above on a 5 point scale. 2.1.2. Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit. 2.2. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES The following may apply for admission into Masters Programmes: 2.2.1. Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA. 2.2.2. Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale). 2.3 DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA. 3.0 MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO,NABTEB or TCII (Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/ Faculty and General University Requirements. Applicants are advised to obtain information on Departmental requirements and areas of specialization from the university website www.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate/ 4.0 DURATION OF THE PROGRAMMES 4.1 Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD); Full-Time Postgraduate Diploma programme lasts for a minimum of two (2) semesters and a maximum of three (3) semesters. Part- Time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Six (6) semesters Note: For the Faculty of Engineering Professional PGD: Full-Time lasts for a minimum of 4 Semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters. Part-Time shall last for a minimum of 6 Semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters. 4.2 Master Degree Programmes; Full-Time Masters Degree programmes lasts for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. Part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of Eight (8) semesters. 4.3 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programme; Full-Time Ph.D. programmes lasts for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. PartTime programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters. 5.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Click on “Create Account” to Create a new account,
- Fill the form and click on “Submit”
- An email will be sent to your box and a page indicating the successful creation of your profile will be displayed.
- Click on “click here”. You will be directed to the log in page. Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1,000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10,000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
- To confirm payment: Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form. Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
- Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
- Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
- Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of two Referees. At least one of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
6.0 CLOSING DATE The deadline for the sale of forms ends on 4th August, 2017. Submission of Form Ends on 11th August, 2017. Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 25th August, 2017. 7.0 SCREENING DETAILS Qualified Applicants will be invited for Screening Test and Proposal Defence (PhD only) from 28th August, 2017. N.B. Notwithstanding compliance with the above conditions, all admissions offered are provisional and the School of Postgraduate Studies reserves the right to offer or deny admission.