The World Trade Organisation (WTO) is offering internships at the WTO Procurement Section
Application Deadline: 29th May 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Geneva
About the Award: The Procurement Section is responsible for the acquisition process of products and services for the WTO, i.e. to obtain high quality goods, services and works that meet the applicable specifications at competitive prices and within the time frame required, in order to achieve the mandates of the WTO.
The intern will have the following opportunities to:
- 1) participate in, and assist with, the day-to-day operations of the Procurement Section.
- 2) Statistics and Data Analysis including – but not limited to – Purchase Orders, Tenders and granted approvals. The WTO uses Oracle software (ERP system) for its financial management and reporting.
- 3) Assist with creating PowerPoint presentations for the delivery of Procurement related mini-workshops to WTO staff.
- 4) Contribute to miscellaneous projects to be defined based on the needs of the section.
- Education: Interns will have completed their undergraduate studies in the administration, purchasing or accounting discipline and shall have completed at least one year of their postgraduate studies.
- Languages: Excellent speaking and writing skills in English or French. A good working level of the other language would be an asset.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING THEIR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE WTO PROCUREMENT SECTION.
The official languages of the organization are French, English and Spanish.
Selection Criteria: Interns are recruited from among nationals of WTO members, countries and customs territories engaged in accession negotiations.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Paid interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are also responsible for their own health insurance while they are working at the WTO. The WTO can assist with visa applications where necessary.
Duration of Program: 6 months (22nd June to 22nd December 2017)
How to Apply: All candidates must complete an online application form (in Program Webpage Link below).
Award Provider: World Trade Organisation