Are you a blogger in Nigeria? If yes, DW is inviting you to participate in a blogger competition on how to preserve the environment. The winner will get a two-week internship program at Deutsche Welle. Blog in now!
Application Deadline: Friday, 12th June 2017.
Offered Annually? No
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
About the Award: Do you have ideas that will help the environment in Nigeria? Do you want to be recognized as being a digital hero for environmental issues in Nigeria? If your answer is yes, we are excited to invite you to join our blogger contest “Digital Heroes – Generation Nigeria”.
- Bloggers must be at least 18 years old at the time of submission.
- Bloggers must be active on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, etc.)
- All files submitted for the competition must be a product of your own work.
- Submitted links should be posted on one of your social media platforms.
- Each blogger is allowed to submit only one entry (for only one category).
- Your entry must cover issues involving the environment.
- The competition language and the language of entries is English.
- You cannot submit any work that has been published or broadcast by Deutsche Welle.
Entries will be accepted in three journalistic formats:
- Video (max. 3min.)
- Photo gallery (max. 10 photos)
- Article (max. 5,000 characters)
- A jury of experts will evaluate the entries, based on criteria such as clarity, narrative structure, research, innovation, authenticity and originality. The jury will choose the top three entries from each category.
- Out of these nine finalists, the jury will choose the winner of the grand prize: a two-week internship at Deutsche Welle, Germany.
- Decisions of the jury are final and are not subject to legal appeal.
- All nine finalist entries will be published on DW.com/africa. The audience will then determine the ranking and winners from each category with a public online vote.
- The voting starts on Monday, June 5, 2017.
Number of Awardees: 9
Value of Competition: Grand prize: Two-week internship at DW in Germany.
- 1st prize: GoPro camera
- 2nd prize: Smartphone
- 3rd prize: iPod
In addition, all nine winners will be invited to attend the awards ceremony to be held on July 5, 2017 in Lagos, Nigeria.
Duration of Program: 6 weeks
How to Apply: Apply Here
Name of Provider: Deutsche Welle (DW)