THE Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the list of top 10 states with the highest number of applications for 2017 UTME.
The registrar of Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Is-haq Oloyede, has revealed that the exam body registered a total of 1, 736, 571 candidates for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Top 10 States With Highest Number JAMB Applicants – 2017
Professor Oloyede, who gave a breakdown detail of duly registered candidates for the UTME, said the number of registered candidates for the 2017 UTME rose by 464,287 compared with the 2016 figure of 1,272,284 candidates.
The following is the released list of states with highest number of JAMB applications in Nigeria:
- Imo State ===> 101, 868 candidates.
- Osun State ===> 88,655 candidates.
- Oyo State ===> 87,811 candidates.
- Ogun State ===> 81, 349 candidates.
- Delta State ===> 81,108 Candidates.
- Anambra State ===> 77,253 Candidates.
- Kaduna State ===> 72,104 Candidates.
- Kano State ===> 70,276 Candidates.
- Kogi State ===> 70,150 Candidates.
- Benue State ===> 68,916 Candidates.
He also said that a total of 321 visually candidates registered to partake in the examination and that adequate arrangement had been provided to ensure their effective participation in the exam.
The Registrar also warned candidates to desist from seeking reposting from exam centre assigned to them to another, adding that there would be no rescheduling of examination.