Nigerian Institute of Journalism, NIJ admission form for 2017/2018 academic session into Part-time and Full-time (ND, HND, PGD programmes) are out. Members of the public that are seeking admission into N.I.J National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND) and Postgraduate Diploma programmes are hereby notified of this development.
Candidates who apply for the 2017 Nigerian Institute of Journalism admission will be subjected to a written entrance examination. The schedule of the examination has been released.
NIJ Courses/Programmes Available – 2017/2018
Those concerned are admission seekers into:
National Diploma Programme (Part Time)
Higher Diploma Programme (Full time and Part Time)
Post Graduate Diploma (Full time And Part time)
The test is the first module of assessment for admission into the institution. After the first module, successful students will face panel of interviewers for oral test and this is the second module of assessment test. The date for the oral test will be announced later. Candidates are expected to come with their writing materials.
NIJ Admission Requirements for ND and HND
The Institution offers programmes leading to the award of diplomas in Mass Communication. These programmes are also available on part-time basis during weekends. The full-time diploma programme is of two year duration while the part time equivalent is three years.
- Candidate seeking admission into the institution National Diploma programme must possess WASC/SSCE/GCE O’ Level Certificate, NECO or equivalent with five credits including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings and must sit for UTME.
- The pre-requisites for admission into Higher National Diploma programme are as stated in (1) above. In addition, candidate must posses National Diploma with at least a lower credit grade in Mass Communication from a recognized polytechnic or institutions of comparable status.
National Diploma, Mass Communications
The programme is of four semesters (Two Academic Sessions) duration for Full Time students and Six Semester (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
- Five Credit passes in the WAEC or NECO Senior Secondary Certificate Examination or its equivalent in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Students’ enrolment and admission is through (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded National Diploma.
Note that National Diploma (full Time) programme candidates will not be subjected to any written test as directed by the Federal Ministry of Education. They are however requested to submit the U.T.M.E score to the admission Department of the Registrar’s office.
Higher National Diploma, Mass Communication
The programme is Four-Semester (Two Academic Sessions) for Full Time students and Six Semesters (Three Academic Sessions) for Part Time students.
- Five Credit pass as it is for admission into National Diploma
- National Diploma in Mass Communication with minimum of Lower Credit from a recognised and NBTE-accredited institution.
- (c) Evidence/Proof of a one-year mandatory Industrial Attachment. Admission is done directly by the Institution. At the end of the course, successful candidates are awarded Higher National Diploma in Mass Communication.
NIJ Entrance Exam Date and Venue for 2017/2018
Entrance examination for these who apply for Nigerian Institute of Journalism admission for the 2017/2018 academic session will be scheduled and conducted in the school auditorium. We will inform you as soon as it is scheduled.
How To Apply For Nigerian Institute of Journalism Admission For 2017/2018
Candidates are to go to the admission portal at http://portal.nij.edu.ng/, choose the programme they want to apply for and fill in their information. Please be informed that you have just 30 minutes to complete application online. There may be data lost if more than that.
You can always log in to continue your application before the deadline and don’t forget to print out the application slip when done. It may be asked for during your entrance exam.
Application Closing Date
The 2017/18 NIJ application form submission deadline is Tuesday, June 6, 2017. All completed forms must be submitted online before this closing date.