The Embassy of France to Tanzania is offering 2 years scholarships for students applying for a Master degree in France as well as PhD scholarships for 3 months year on a 3 consecutive year period.
Application Deadline: 28th May 2017
Eligible Countries: Tanzania
To be taken at (country): France
Fields of Study: The following sectors of study will be prioritised in the selection process : – Aeronautics – Digital (Information and Communication Technologies…) – Governance (Security, Peace…)
About the Award: As part of its scientific and higher education cooperation program, the Embassy of France to Tanzania offers scholarships to study in France at Master or Doctorate level. The scholarships are intended to give an opportunity to Tanzanian students to undertake specific courses of study related to their future professional activities in order to build capacity in Tanzanian organisations and add to the potential of Tanzanian learning institutions.
Type: Masters and PhD
- The candidate must be, on January, 1st 2017, less than 35 years old
- All applicants must have a clear professional project in Tanzania.
- The academic project of the candidate for his/her studies in France has to be clear, well-documented and relevant to his/her academic and professional background. All the master / PhD programmes available in France are published on the website of Campus France (link below)
Selection Criteria: The first selection criteria will be the excellence of the academic achievement. It will evaluated by the results obtained at university level (upper and second class minimum).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The scholarship includes :
- International airfare between Tanzania and France, and travel costs in France
- Registration and tuition fees
- An allowance per month (rent not included)
- Social welfare, and repatriation insurance
- Support to pay for accommodation
Duration of Program: Master Scholarships cover 2 years of study.
PhD Scholarships cover 3 months of study in France per year during 3 consecutive years. The thesis defence imperatively has to be at the end of the last 3 months in France.
How to Apply: All applications will have to include the following documents :
- – The completed application form
- – CV – Reference letters
- – scan of the degree certificates specifying grades
- – scan of the passport or of a travel document – an electronic version of an ID picture
- – Copy of written exchanges with universities (proof of admission)
- – For degrees taught in French: certification justifying at least a B2 level in French
- – For PhD candidates one page on their subject of study and the thesis project accepted and signed by thesis director.
The applications have to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Bourse 2017 – Name SURNAME
If multiple emails are needed due to the size of the attached documents, kindly state the number of the email in the subject line after your name.
Award Provider: Embassy of France in Tanzania
Important Notes: Non French-speaking students have to make sure that the degree they apply for exists in English. Please refer to the list of programs taught in English.
Please note that applications that do not include a proof of admission by a French university will not be considered