To celebrate fifty years of shaping science, technology and innovation research, teaching and policy, the University of Sussex have launched a new scholarship programme to enable the very best students from around the world to study a Masters at SPRU.
- 1st July 2017 – deadline for applications to be received (23:59 BST).
- 1st August 2017 – successful applicants notified of the outcome of their application by email from the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO).
- October 2017 – the fee waiver will be applied with any remaining funds awarded as maintenance.
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: UK, Europe (Non-UK), International (Non-UK/EU)
To be taken at (country): UK
Type: Postgraduate (Masters).
Eligibility: In order to be considered for the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship, candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Achieved or expect to achieve a 1st class honours degree (or equivalent if from an overseas institution). However 2:1s or equivalent international classification with excellent supporting statements are also eligible
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study full time on one of SPRU’s five MSc programmes:
- Energy Policy Msc
- Project Management Msc
- Science and Technology Policy Msc
- Strategic Innovation Management Msc
- Sustainable Development Msc
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course and receive and accept an offer
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements
- Scholarship value is £10k which is used to offset the cost of fees or to support maintenance. Any remaining funds after the offset of fees are paid as a stipend to support maintenance.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be ranked and assessed on the following criteria:
- Past academic achievement
- Post study aims and goals which will be assessed via the supporting statement.
Number of Scholarships: Up to 5
Value of Scholarship: £10,000 towards fees with any remaining funds to be used to support maintenance.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Please use a current email address as correspondence will be via email
- Please save a copy of your completed application form for yourself before sending it to:Email: email@example.comBy Post:SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship
BMEC School Office
University of Sussex
Jubilee Building G08
Falmer, East Sussex
Award Provider: University of Sussex
Important Notes: Please note that if you are awarded the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship, you will not be able to receive any other scholarship funded by the University of Sussex.