The Higher Education Initiative (HEI) Public University Scholarships is offered to young, exceptional Egyptian students for undergraduate studies in Egypt. 65% of the students will study a semester abroad in the United States.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2017 11:59pm (GMT)
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): Egypt and USA
About the Award: The USAID-funded Public University Scholarships program through the U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is a scholarship for high school graduates to attend excellence programs at public universities in parallel with specially-designed supplementary enhancement activities such as English, leadership training and career planning, as well as internships, community service, and study abroad. The program will interweave the private sector and practical experiences so that graduates are primed to enter and contribute to the workforce in Egypt, in sectors that are critical to the economic development of the country.
Field of Study: Interested applicants will be required to study in the fields that are crucial in building the future economy of Egypt (Engineering, Commerce, Nursing, Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Law, Mass Communication, Education and Economics).
- There are limited opportunities for faculty of commerce, (Priority for students of Arts section)
- Applicants for faculty of Agriculture will have priority.
- Egyptian young men and women enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma in government schools including STEM schools.
- Student achievers in their first and second secondary results.
- Participated in community activities.
- Includes scholarships specifically for disabled applicants.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Costs covered by the scholarship: (tuition fees, books, laptop, enhancement courses on basic skills, accommodation, and transportation). Also,
- Intensive English and study skills program
- Leadership, character building, and business development training
- Mentoring and networking activities
- Internship and summer training in field of study
- Semester / Study summer at a univeristy abroad
- Support at job search and placement after graduation
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
How to Apply: You can apply using the online application here FREE of charge, which requires you to provide information about your studies, background, personal information and preferred fields of study.
Award Provider: The Higher Education Initiative (HEI) Public University Scholarships is administered by AMIDEAST and Etijah.