Every year Beit Trust postgraduate Masters & PhD scholarship for students from Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe to study in choice universities in UK or South Africa.
Application Deadline: Applications may be made from 1 April, but all original and certified documents must be received by The Beit Trust by 31 August each year.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
To be taken at (country): United Kingdom (Cambridge University, University of Edinburgh, Imperial College, University of Strathclyde, University of Glasgow, University of Oxford University of Leeds), and South Africa
Accepted Subject Areas? All
About Scholarship: The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the beneficial area). Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Type: Masters and PhD degrees
- All applicants except medical and veterinary doctors must be under 30 years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
- Some experience of work after completion of a first degree is desirable.
- Doctors and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year rural posting in the relevant country.
- hold at least a degree of class 2.1, i.e. Merit or Distinction
Number of Scholarship: Not Specified
- Fees and costs of tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Scholars receive a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and printing of a thesis, and return to Africa.
- Economy Class air passages are met by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and for the return at the end of the course.
- No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
Duration of Scholarship Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees.
How to Apply
For more details visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Beit Trust
Important Notes: Only those applicants who state that they intend to return to work in the relevant country upon completion of the scholarship, and who can, if short-listed, present themselves for interview before a Beit Postgraduate Scholarship Selection Board in Harare, Blantyre or Lusaka at the beginning of December, will be considered.