This is a notice from the management of University of Calabar, UNICAL on collection of convocation goes and invitation of friends and family to the 2017 conviction ceremony in the school. The convocation ceremony concerns graduands up to and including the 2015/2016 sessions.
Such category of UNICAL graduands are to follow the the instructions herein.
Notice to UNICAL Graduands on 30th Convocation Gown Collection – 2017
Gowns are to be obtained from Faculty Officers on the payment of a deposit of 5,000.00 (Five Thousand Naira only). A refund of 1,000.00 (one Thousand, naira only) will be made on return of the gown. Gowns not returned by March 14 2017 will attract a fine of 1,000.00 (one Thousand naira only) per day. Defaulters will have their Certificates withheld or and reported to their places of NYSC primary assignment.
For Graduate School graduands, the following will apply:
- Outright Purchase of Academic Gowns:
- Ph.D New Gown = 35,000.00each Old Gown = 30,000 each
- Masters Outright purchase = 25,000
- Hiring of Graduate Gowns Post Graduate Diplomas (PGD) = 10,000.00 only Masters = 15,000.00 only
Invitation Cards to Parents/Guardians
Two invitation cards per graduand will be issued by the Faculty Officer. Each Graduand is entitled to two guests.
- Graduands are to be fully robbed and seated at Abraham Ordia Sports stadium by 9.30am. Graduands who are not robbed will not be allowed into the convocation venue.
- Nobody including graduands and their parents/guardians will be allowed into the convocation venue after 10am.
- Only accredited photographers will be allowed into the stadium
- All small scale business operators, including photographers, video operators, food/drink vendors, clothes/shoes retailers etc wishing to do business on campus on the said day are to pay N2,000.00 only to any Commercial bank with UNICAL CBN Remita A/C no 0050217461078 from Monday 6th March, 2017 obtain a teller and forward same to the office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Admin) for the issuance of receipts for such payments.
- Other interested business operators will pay between N50,000 – N250,000.00 as the case maybe into the aforementioned account.
- All vehicles entering the campus on that day will pay N500.00 only as permit/parking fee. Members of the University of Calabar Community will only be allowed entry on presentation of a valid UNICAL ID card. All are please advised to comply to avoid embarrassment.
The University of Calabar administration looks forward to welcoming all her well-wishers to the Convocation ceremonies.
Live Broadcast on Channels Television
Time: 12 noon
Live Streaming on YouTube Link:
For more information, please contact
We congratulate all convicting graduates of the University!!!