WordsAreWork (WAW) is the premier literary hub in Africa, for Africans, by Africans; obsessed with connecting writers to reward. Their event titled Use Technology to Make Your Writing Pay, in collaboration with Social Media Week Lagos.
Time of Programme: Thursday, March 2, 2017. 4pm
To be taken at (country): Lagos, Nigeria
Type: Events and Conferences
About the Programme: For a long time, African writers have earned peanuts or nothing at all as compensation for their work. It comes with very good publicity for you; it is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase you talent; or the most popular, you will get very good exposure was often the response when a writer asked to be paid.
Thankfully, all of that is changing with the evolution of technology and social media. Writing is slowly but steadily evolving as a well-paying profession, as more and more tech-savvy writers are earning good money in exchange for their work. How?
Slot in this event!
Core questions that will be addressed in this masterclass are:
- Is writing even profitable in these climes (i.e, Nigeria and Africa)?
- How can I convert my digital stories, articles, essays and poems to money?
- Technology and social media play a big role in this, you say, can you tell me how?
- This sounds mighty good; but wait, are there people already doing this–earning well from their writing–or will I be faced with the daunting task of trailblazing?
- Where do I start?
Host: Chisom Ojukwu, WordsAreWork (WAW)
– Sally Kenneth Dadzie, Moskedapages (bestselling author, Okadabooks)
– Suyi Davies Okungbowa, Speculative Fiction writer (The Writer 2017, courtesy The Naked Convos)
SAVE THE DATE!