On 13-14 July 2017, the international conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM) will take place in Brussels, under the theme ‘Public Policy & Governance Beyond Borders’. The UNU-MERIT minority scholarship will enable up to four (Master or PhD) students from developing and transition countries to attend this international conference.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2017.
To be taken at (country): Brussels, Belgium
Type: Events and Conferences
Eligibility: The awarding of these scholarships will be on a competitive basis. In order to be eligible for the scholarships, students must:
- agree to be bound by the terms and conditions (particularly regarding the sharing of costs);
- provide proof of their nationality and country of residence (e.g. passport, birth certificate);
- submit a CV and a statement of motivation detailing why they should be selected for the scholarship;
- indicate what theme they are interested in; and
- agree to write a short blog post about the conference or to participate in an audio/video testimonial. The blog or testimonial may be used by APPAM and UNU-MERIT for marketing purposes.
Selection: Decisions regarding the selection of successful applicants will be made by UNU-MERIT staff, in particular the Director, the Deputy Director and the UNU-MERIT conference chair, and are final. Scholarships are not transferable between persons.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Included in the scholarship:
International travel expenses (economy class, booked by UNU-MERIT); travel expenses in Brussels (public transport, economy class, reimbursed based on receipts); APPAM conference waiver.
- Excluded from the scholarship – to be paid by the applicant:
Local travel (in home country); accommodation in Brussels; costs related to passport, identity card and / or visa; any other out-of-pocket expenses (meals, excursions, etc.).
Duration of Scholarship: 13-14 July 2017
How to Apply: Please send your letter of motivation, your CV, the conference theme you are interested in and a scanned copy of your passport, identity card or birth certificate to email@example.com before 1 March 2017.
The outcome of the scholarship selection will be communicated before 15 March 2017. After selection for the scholarship, you will need to register for the APPAM conference separately. APPAM will offer you an invitation letter and visa letter if needed.
Award Provider: The United Nations University – Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT)