The Middle East and North Africa Centre at the University of Sussex offers three PhD scholarships (fully funded for three years) available from September 2017, made possible by the generous support of the Pears Foundation.
Application Deadline: 9th February 2017.
Eligible Countries: UK/EU/International
To be taken at (country): University of Sussex
Eligible Fields of Study: The doctoral project proposed must fall into one of the Centre’s main areas of study: Middle Eastern, Israeli and North African Studies. There are no restrictions as to time period or subject area.
Students must be accepted into a PhD course in the humanities or social sciences, which include the following schools:
- History, Art History and Philosophy
- Media, Film and Music
- Business, Management and Economics
- Education and Social Work
- Global Studies
- Institute of Development Studies
- Law, Politics and Sociology
Type: Postgraduate Research
- The successful candidate will have an outstanding academic background, including the methodological training and/or language skills necessary to start their research project.
- Applicants must be able to commence their PhD in September 2017.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers UK/EU or International fees and provides a stipend that matches that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarships are tenable for 3 years, with the possibility of extension for one further year.
How to Apply: Applicants will need to complete TWO applications in order to be considered for a scholarship:
1. Applicants must apply online for a PhD at Sussex. Deadline: 26th January 2017.
2. Applicants must complete a separate application for the scholarship using the Pears Foundation Scholarship application form. This application will be assessed by a panel made up of faculty members of the university. Deadline 9th February 2017.
Award Provider: Pears Foundation