Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust offers the Ferguson Scholarships for African national at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) at University of London UK 2017/2018.
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2017 | Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African Nationals
To be taken at (country): SOAS at University of London
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Full-time MA African Studies
- Full-time MA International Studies and Diplomacy
- Full-time MA Social Anthropology of Development
About Scholarship: Thanks to the generosity of the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust, three Ferguson scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Priority may be given to applicants with unconditional offers. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
Number of Scholarship: Three (3)
Benefits of Scholarship: Each Ferguson Scholarship is valued at £25,000 in total and lasts for one year. The scholarships can be used for fees and the remainder towards maintenance.
Duration of Scholarship: For one year
How to Apply
You can apply for this scholarship via the online scholarship application form.
Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Sponsors: Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable trust
Important Notes: All candidates will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their scholarship application, generally by the end of June. The successful candidate will also be notified in writing. If you have not had a response to your application by the end of June, please contact the Scholarships Officer.