The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2017, in the following subject areas below.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 21st February 2017.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be taken at (country): Ireland
Eligible Fields of Study: Business Management • Agriculture, Food Science & Nutrition; and • Public Administration
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- be a South African citizen or a citizen of Zimbabwe holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas
- be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2017/2018
Please apply only if you are eligible. Applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Selection Criteria: Applicants for the 2017-18 Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form against the criteria outlined below:
- Academic Merit
- Transformative power of a scholarship
- Study plan
- Commitment to the ideals of Kader Asmal
- Leadership Competencies & Personal Qualities
Applicants should also be able to show continuity between their past study, work experience, and proposed course of study.
Number of Awardees: 12.
Value of Scholarship: The fellowship includes tuition fees, a return flight to Ireland, and monthly stipend, insurance and a settling in allowance. The scholarship does not provide for any dependents. Fellowships will only be awarded upon confirmation that applicants have been offered a place at one of the universities listed in the course list
How to Apply: You will find full instructions online when you start a new form.
All sections of the form need to be complete before the system will allow the application form to be submitted. Information can be saved and the application form edited until the applicant chooses to submit.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- Certified copies of o ID document (the following are acceptable: Passport, Birth Certificate, Driver’s License)
- Degree certificates
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letters from two referees, both references must be academic references. References must be on a letter head.
- A curriculum vitae
You should ask your referees to write a reference that relates to your application for this fellowship. It should outline your strengths as an applicant, demonstrate your capacity to study at the level required, explain how you would benefit from further study and identify your potential impact in the future.
Award Provider: Embassy of Ireland in South Africa