Shell Scholarship for Undergraduate Students in Nigerian Universities 2016/2017 in two categories: National Merit Award (NM) and Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
Application Deadline: 2nd December, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at: Nigerian Universities
Subject Areas: Courses offered at Nigerian Universities
About Shell Scholarship: The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
Who is qualified to apply? Eligible Applicants must: ·
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have gained admission during the 2015/2016 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Be enrolled full‐time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 2.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
The Scholarship is in two categories;
- the National Merit Award (NM) and
- the Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM).
Number of Scholarships: Several
Scholarship Worth: Annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of your course
Duration of Scholarship: For full duration of the course
How to Apply
- All applicants should have their personal valid email accounts (for consistent communication).
- Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.shellnigeria.com and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM). The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details; http://www.shell.com.ng/sustainability/communities/education-programmes.html
Sponsors: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL /TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture)