The Wits-TUB Program is a cooperation between the School of Architecture and Planning at the University of the Witwatersrand and the Technical University Berlin that is funded by the DAAD. This programme is created specifocally for Africans who are interested in studying a degree program in South Africa and Germany.
The scholarship programme includes a joint Wits-TU Berlin summer school week in Johannesburg in which students from TU Berlin will join the cohort at Wits University. The scholarship programme focuses on four innovation areas which address SDG implementation in urban areas:
- Politics and policy of the urban
- Understanding complex urban systems
- Managing change processes
- Co-producing knowledge between theory and practice.
- Application deadline for admission: 30th June 2020
- Application deadline for scholarships: 31st July 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): South Africa and Germany.
Eligible Field of Studies:
- MSc Development Planning (MSc DP)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities – MUS (SEEC)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Housing and Human Settlements – MUS (HHS)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Politics and Governance (MUS – UPG)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (UM)
Number of Awards: 11
Value of Award: Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract stipulating the conditions of the scholarship. The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living expenses including: subsistence expences, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from home country/place of origin is covered.
- Costs of Summer/Spring School in Berlin
- Applicants must becitizens of sub-Saharan African countries other than South Africa.
- No more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies.
- Applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
- Applicants must be proficient in English Language
Application Process: Every applicant has to fill in the first basic Application form before they can access the full form.
Visit The Official Website For More Information