JAMB change of course and institution for 2019/2020 admission has started. You can now apply for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board data change online. This guide will show you how to do it.
JAMB: Candidates are advised not to apply for change of institution and change of course to institutions that have already done their Post UTME.
All candidates who took part in the 2019 UTME and have one or more reasons to change are hereby notified. Below are the details to use in order to apply for the 2019 JAMB Change of Course and/or Institution.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) this week has opened the portal for 2019 change of course or institution. The aim is to afford candidates the opportunity to effectively make changes to the earlier selected course or institution and other data.
Please note that JAMB change of course and institution can only be done once and candidates can only change to a course relative to their selected UTME Subject combination.
To know if the course you want to change to is in line with your UTME subject combination, candidates can check 2019 online JAMB brochure.
DATA CHANGES (CORRECTIONS) YOU CAN MAKE ON JAMB PORTAL:
- Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can be done more than once with separate payments)
Important: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin, etc. cost N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
WHY JAMB CANDIDATES MAY WANT TO CHANGE COURSE, AND/OR INSTITUTIONS
Every year, candidates apply for JAMB change of course/institutions for a number of reasons. Top on the list is low UTME score – which may not be up to the school’s cut-off marks.
Other reasons candidates change their courses and institutions is incomplete O’ level results, mistakes during registration or even change of mind about the institution or courses previously chosen.
To go to JAMB online page to change your Course and/or institution, follow the steps below.
NB: Changes for Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin are N2,500 (two thousand five hundred Naira only).
JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE/INSTITUTION PROCEDURE 2019
First of all, you need to go to any commercial bank or JAMB Offices to purchase the change of course/institution scratch card. The scratch card is being sold for N2,500 (two thousand five hundred naira only).
- First of all, go to JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Registration (2019 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select ‘2019 UTME Data Correction‘.
- Then proceed to payment.
TO DO FOR PREVIOUS YEARS (2018 AND YEARS BEFORE),
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2018 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin.
2018 and years below can effect changes on their own without the CBT centre.
Also note that candidates are advised to change their courses or institutions at JAMB officesor accredited JAMB registration centres. Doing so at random centres is at the candidates risk.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CHANGE?
The closing date for the chance of course/institution has not been announced by JAMB.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE JAMB CHANGE OF COURSE/INSTITUTION PROCESS?
Every year, we keep saying this. JAMB, NUC and the Ministry of Education should try to release the cut-off marks for the year before accepting applications for change of courses and change of institutions. This way, candidates would know the scores required by schools before choosing another institution during application.
Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges and other institutions should also endeavour to release their cut-off marks on time. They should released the marks before JAMB change of course/institution form comes out. This will help candidates choose school that can accept their JAMB scores.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
You can still make an informed decision when it comes to choosing the right institution. If you intend to change your course or institution, you can use the cut-off marks used by institutions for last admission as a guide. This way, you are still making informed decisions.
Note that institutions can decide to change their cut-off marks for the next admission.
Every year, after change of courses and application application close and Post-UTME screening starts. You can then start accepting or rejecting application on JAMB CAPS.
We wish you best of luck!!