The Central Bank of Kenya invites applications for its six months’ internship program. Opportunities are currently available in the following functions; Finance, Research and Economics, Strategic Management, Communications and Legal Services.
Application Deadline: 23rd April, 2019
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: In line with the Central Bank’s mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, the Bank launched a CBK Internship Program (CBKIP) that seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to central and commercial banking operations. After the planned six (6) months’ internship program, the candidates will be ready to be absorbed in the job market.
- a) A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- b) Be a Kenyan youth between 21 to 29 years of age;
- c) Must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation;
- d) Provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended; and
- e) Should not have undertaken any other Internship programme or exposed to work experience related to their area of study since graduating.
- a) Should possess interpersonal and communication skills;
- b) Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated;
- c) Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems;
- d) A person of integrity;
- e) Must be computer proficient.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The objective of the CBKIP is to develop young talents to take up immense employment opportunities in the Kenyan Banking and Financial Sector. The Internship Program will also provide an opportunity to gain on-the-job experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional network, mentors and contacts.
Duration of Award: 6 months
How to Apply:
- The Central Bank hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program. Opportunities are currently available in the following functions; Finance, Research and Economics, Strategic Management, Communications and Legal Services.
- If interested follow the link https://careers.centralbank.go.ke:8443 and submit online applications, attaching a duly completed program application form, copies of academic certificates, transcripts/documents and a recommendation/reference letter from the learning institution, so as to be received on or before April 23, 2019.
Visit Award Webpage for Details
Important Notes: Applicants are requested to note the following important information:
- a) The Bank WILL NOT offer employment after completion of the program. However, applicants who successfully complete the program are allowed to apply for any positions the Bank advertises.
- b) Successful candidates will be required to complete the six months’ program without a break so as to fully benefit from the objectives of this key initiative by the Bank.
- c) INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered and
- d) Only short listed candidates will be contacted.