The George Washington University is offering three Global Leaders Fellowships, which will cover up to 18 credit hours awarded for 2018-19
Application Deadline: 5th February 2018 12:00 pm (Noon) EST
Eligible Countries/Regions: China (PRC), Cambodia, Eastern Europe, Laos, Latin America, The Caribbean, Mongolia, Sub-Saharan Africa, U.S.S.R. Successor States, ,Vietnam
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Fields of Study: Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools are eligible:
- College of Professional Studies
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
About the Award: The Global Leaders Fellowship is for incoming graduate students (master’s and doctoral) who have applied to the George Washington University for Fall 2018 admission. (Current GW graduate students are not eligible for this fellowship). The fellowship is intended for GW graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries, returning to their countries of origin to apply skills learned through their formal education at GW.
Type: Master’s, Doctoral
- The Fellowship is valid for one degree only.
- Fellowships apply to the fall and spring semesters.
- Awards for the summer sessions are by petition only and subject to available funding.
- This fellowship is for students who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country.
- Fellowships are awarded to highly qualified incoming GW full-time graduate degree program seeking students who have gained admission to the University and whose program is on the main Foggy Bottom Campus.
- Students holding or intending to apply for an F-1 visa (J-1 visa is eligible for Fulbright applicants only. Note that other visa types are not eligible.) and who are from the following countries or regions above (chosen based on protocol arrangements and areas of the world underrepresented at GW) are eligible to apply.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: The Fellowships will cover up to 18 credit hours will be awarded for 2018-19. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
Duration of Program: A Fellowship is renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidates. A grantee must submit renewal materials for the Fellowship each year; renewal is contingent upon the grantee’s grades (GPA of 3.0 or better).
How to Apply:
- Students need to apply for admission separately through the online process. No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application, including payment of their application fee.
- As part of the admissions process, applicants must have passed the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 600 on the paper-based exam or 100 on the internet based exam, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no individual band below 6.0).
- Applicants must apply via the online submissions portal by the deadline. Instructions on how to apply through the portal can be found here.
- Awards will not be announced until April 2018.
Award Providers: George Washington University
Important Notes: Please note that permanent residents, resident aliens and U.S. Citizens are not eligible for this fellowship. Applicants must have an F-1 (J-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions.