The Africa Programme at Chatham House is looking for an individual with demonstrable interest in African affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
Application Deadline: 27th August 2017
To Be Taken At (Country): London, UK
About the Award: This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world’s leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
Eligibility: Although flexible, Chatham House is ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3 -4 days a week.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in international relations, development studies, politics, or related field;
- Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
Value of Award: This is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
Duration of Program:
- Interview Period: 6-8 September 2017
- Start date: 11 September 2017
- End Date: 15 December 2017
How to Apply: To apply please send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to:
Programme Administrator, Africa Programme
Award Providers: Chatham House