You are invited to apply for a Fulbright Graduate Scholarship sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and administered by AMIDEAST for the 2018-2020 academic year.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2017
Eligible Countries: MENA countries
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: The Fulbright Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, is the flagship international educational exchange program designed to foster mutual understanding among nations through educational and cultural exchange.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions and U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices. AMIDEAST is one of the cooperating agencies contracted by the U.S. Department of state to administer the Fulbright program. AMIDEAST administers the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the Middle East and North Africa on behalf of ECA.
The scholarship is a merit-based grant that provides up to two-years of funding for graduate-level study at a U.S. university. For over four decades AMIDEAST has been placing students from across the MENA region into universities throughout the United States. It has been integral to the success of the Fulbright Program, serving as a convener of academic and cultural exchange and dialogue. AMIDEAST continues today to support countless Fulbrighters to experience the opportunity of exchange and successfully complete their grants in the United States.
Type: Applications in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are highly encouraged.
- This is not a program exclusive for students. This program is for students who are about to graduate, recent graduates and professionals from diverse social, economic, academic and professional backgrounds.
- A competitive applicant should have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, and the commitment to return to their home country for at least two years upon completion or termination of the scholarship upon completion of the program. They will be ineligible for an U.S.-immigrant visa until the two-year home residency requirement has been fulfilled.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States.
- Applications in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) are highly encouraged.
Number of Awardees: Limited.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarships cover expenses incurred for travel to and from the United States, tuition, books, health insurance, and room and board. Funding is NOT available to meet expenses related to Fulbright grantees dependents (husbands, wives, children, parents, etc).
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Please make sure to choose 2018-2020 Cycle and answer all questions accurately and completely.
- Carefully write the essays, which are key components of the application. Each essay must be a minimum of 250 to a maximum of 600 words. The selection committee will review these essays closely.
- Deliver hard copies of the following supporting documents to the AMIDEAST office by May 30, 2017.
- Confirmation receipt of submission of the online application;
- A signed Signature form;
- TOEFL iBT, ITP, or IELTS score report;
- A certified true copy of each original post-secondary transcript and diploma starting from and INCLUDING the Baccalaureate;
- An updated Curriculum vitae or résumé;
- Copy of the biodata information page from the applicant’s passport (if available);
- Three recent passport-sized photos with applicant’s name written on the back.
Award Provider: U.S. Department of State