Apply to the Global Empowerment Program at Ewha Womans University! The program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa.
Application Deadline: 9th April 2017
Selected participants will be announced 17th May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Countries in Asia and Africa
To be taken at (country): Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
- For the July 2017 session: Transnational Feminism and Women’s activism
- For the January 2018 session: Transnational Women’s Activism: Sexuaity, Women’s body and Violence
About the Award: EGEP is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offered by Ewha Womans University. According the MOU between Ewha Womans University and UN Women, this program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leaders.
On completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective;
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their feminist leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
Offered Since: 2012
Eligibility: With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, as well as individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Selection Criteria: The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
Number of Awardees: 20~25 for every term of EGEP
Value of Program: The University covers the tuition for all the participants. Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
Duration of Program: 2 weeks. July 9 – 23 2017 / January 7 – 21 2018
How to Apply:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
Requirements: These requirements are only for those who have been notified as selected EGEP participants.
All forms are downloadable at http://egep.ewha.ac.kr.
It is important to go through the program webpage before applying
Award Provider: Ewha Womans University.