The Global Development Institute (GDI) is pleased to announce the availability of nine scholarships for overseas applicants, providing full tuition fee waivers for on-campus Masters programmes commencing in September 2017.
Application Deadline: 26th May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Development Economics and Public Policy
- International Development
- Human Resource Development
- Development Informatics
- Management and Development
Eligibility: Eligibility for the scholarships is as follows:
- Applicants must already hold an unconditional offer for one of the courses above.
- Applicants must be a national of and resident in a DAC-listed least developed, other low-income or lower-middle income country. The full list of eligible countries can be found in link below.
- Applicants for international scholarships must not have previously studied in an OECD country.
- Applicants must hold a First Class Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and an overall score of 6.5 in IELTS (or similar exam), with 6.5 in writing and no other subsections below 6.0.
Selection: Applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application within four weeks of the deadline.
Number of Awardees: 9
Value of Scholarship: Full tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Applicants should email a 500-word statement detailing how they will apply their learning to develop a credible career track into development leadership.
- Please send statement to the relevant email address below by clicking on the scholarship name. Please ensure you include your ID number and name of scholarship you are applying for in the subject line.
Please email statement to the available email addresses beside each scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage link below.
Award Provider: University of Manchester