The Ministry of Research, Technology, and Higher Education of the Repulic of Indonesia is pleased to announce the continuation of the Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) scholarship program to support students from developing countries to get their master degree in Indonesian Universities.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2017
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): Indonesia
About the Award: The scholarship is offered to potential students from developing countries to earn their Master Degree at one of 16 prominent universities in Indonesia. Officially launched in 2006 by the Directorate General of Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia, this program has been attracting a significant number of applicants, as by 2015, 896 students from 64 countries had been awarded this scholarship.
Fields of Study: Humanities, Science, Engineering, Social Sciences
Type: Masters, Undergraduate
- Having maximum age of 35 year-old
- Having a bachelor degree for applying a master degree program
- Having a TOEFL /IELTS/other English Proficiency Certificate scores of 500/5. or equivalent
- Completing the on-line application form
- Signing a statement letter provided by the KNB Scholarship management for the successful candidates prior to the departure to Indonesia.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The KNB Scholarship covers:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,000,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed in the guide book (link below)
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium (In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by the student);
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university;
Please be advised that the scholarship scheme will only sufficient to cover one person to living properly in most cities where the universities are located.
Other expenses beside above mentioned items will be considered as personal expenses and will be borne by the students.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program: Maximum 12 months
- Master Program: Maximum 24 months (4 semester)
- Bachelor Program: Maximum 48 months (8 semester)
The online application process must be completed no later than May 30th , 2017; 2. Selection process will be conducted on the 1 st week of June 2017; 3. The selection result will be announced on the 4 th week of June 2017; 4. The students are expected to arrive in Jakarta on August 30th 2017; 5. Orientation will be organized in August 31st, 2017;
How to Apply:
- Downloading the Invitation Letter posted in the KNB Scholarship website
- Submitting the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter
- Sign Up and Complete the online application
- Receiving the selection result broadcasted online in the KNB Scholarship Website and/or officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
It is important to visit the Scholarship Webpage for the Application requirements and documents before applying.
Award Provider: Government of Indonesia