Bocconi University in Milan, Spain, is currently recruiting entrepreneurs to participate to Adansonia, a pan-African entrepreneurship contest starting in May.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2017
Offered Annually? No
Eligible Countries: All African countries
To be taken at (country): Interested participants only require internet-connected devices.
About the Award: Entrepreneurs joining Adansonia will get the opportunity to take an online course sponsored by Bocconi University, network with fellow entrepreneurs, get in touch with NGOs and venture capitalists and submit a business proposal. A number of investors have partnered with the Adansonia program. These investors rate the business proposals submitted by participants. Entrepreneurs with the top-rated proposals get the opportunity to pitch to these investors, and after the pitching event, the investors decide whom to invest in.
Selection/Eligibility Criteria: Participation in the program is completely free and opened to all aspiring African entrepreneurs, with no limits of age.
Value of Program: Aspiring entrepreneurs and existing small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Africa will have the opportunity to:
- Take an online course on entrepreneurship: Learn to build a business and to get funding from investors in a new 6-week online course by Bocconi University and venture capitalists in Africa.
- Make new connections and get feedback: Discuss your business ideas with fellow entrepreneurs from other African countries and make new connections.
- Pitch to investors and get funding: Pitch to local and international venture capitalists who are interested in funding African startups and SMEs.
Duration of Program: Adansonia program lasts 2 months.
How to Apply: You can apply from our website http://www.adansonia.net/#
Participation in the program is completely free. To join the program:
1. First complete and submit the brief VC4A form below. To fill out this VC4A form, you must first log in with your VC4A account. (If you do not already have a VC4A account, you can create one below with the 1-click social signup.)
2. Then complete and submit this survey.
After completing both of these steps, you are in!
Award Provider: Adansonia