AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-26 meeting to be held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 27 May to 2 June 2017.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Kenya
About the Award: The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries.
The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
Eligibility and Selection: To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- Must be a resident of an African nation
- Don’t need to be an AFRINIC member
- Are involved in the Internet community.
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your Organisation/country within an agreed time frame.
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them seven (7) days to accept or reject the offer.
A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance by the selected candidates.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The fellowship includes:
- Full assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue
- Hotel accommodation for the AFRINIC event from the day before the beginning to the last day of the event
Duration of Fellowship: 27th May to 2nd June 2017.
How to Apply: If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the fellowship application form here and submit it with requested information before 24 February 2017, 00:00 UTC.
Award Provider: AFRINIC