The IDEX Accelerator is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social intrapreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Bangalore, India
About the Award: The IDEX Accelerator & Global Fellowship Program was founded on the idea that by investing in the future generations of leaders who are passionate about leading high-impact careers, we can regenerate local economies and build stronger communities around the world.
These young professionals are given the opportunity to work alongside social entrepreneurs across India and gain hands-on experience addressing the needs of a growing enterprise while earning a Professional Certification in Social Enterprise.
IDEX mission is to create the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world. Social intrapreneurs are becoming key actors in the race towards a new kind of economy.
These changemakers are supporting and leading the development of scalable solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges – from health to education to environment. Contrary to social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs are innovating from within an existing enterprise or organization.
The ideal candidates
- Are willing to embrace ambiguity head on, seek opportunities to learn and share your experiences with others.
- Have the willingness and ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments – this means you don’t complain if wifi goes down or power goes out for a few hours.
- Are seeking a self-directed fellowship experience where you are provided support and coaching but must also rely on your own creativity and grit to make the most out of your experience.
- Thrive in a start-up environment.
- Have had professional successes and failures that you’ve learned from and can apply to new situations.
- Have a passion for social enterprise and improving the quality of life for under-served or under-resourced communities.
- Have a strong desire to engage in an intense professional development experience- this means you love to learn through people, experiences and self-reflection.
- Are committed to making an equity investment of time, energy and capital into your own personal growth and professional development.
- Have patience, empathy and a sense of humor because laughter makes everything better.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of the program and the ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- The candidates must also be proficient in English (both written and spoken) and able to obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months;
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience and excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program. Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship. This application is open to all global applicants.
Duration of Fellowship: July – December 2017
Award Provider: IDEX