Goethe-Institut in Lagos and Yaounde in collaboration with Saraba Magazine and Bakwa Magazine invites applications for participation in a mentored series of exchanges and workshops on creative non-fiction.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2017
Eligible Countries: Nigeria and Cameroon
To be taken at (country): Nigeria and Cameroon
About the Award: Though Cameroon and Nigeria are neighbors and share a lot of similar cultural values, this potential has not been exploited for the collaborative knowledge and advancement of either country. Consequently, though they share a border, they know little or nothing about each other and hardly engage in literary collaborations that could benefit both countries.
- Applications not following the rules will automatically be disqualified.
- The working language of the workshop is English.
Selection: Applicants will be selected by a jury appointed by Goethe-Institut Lagos and Yaounde. The jury’s decision will be final and non-appealable.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: The workshop will feature different stages of exchange in both Cameroon and Nigeria at no expense to the applicant.
Duration of Program: 10th-16th May 2017
How to Apply: The body of the e-mail should contain following:
- Your Name
- A short bio not more than 200 words with relevant publishing history stating whether you are applying from Nigeria or Cameroon.
- An unpublished writing sample of not more than 700 words written in English and submitted twice in .doc format. One sample submitted with your name on it and the other without.
- Your availability to travel between 10th-16th May 2017 and other dates after being given prior notice.
Your sample of work must be included as an attachment in your mail.
To apply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email subject should read:
“Application for Literary Exchange 2017”.
Award Provider: Goethe Institut