IHS welcomes Expressions of Interest by postdoctoral researchers of any nationality, to apply jointly with an IHS host supervisor to the EC Marie Skłodowska‐Curie Individual Fellowship Scheme 2017.
Application Deadline: 11th April, 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Vienna, Austria
Fields of Study:
- Behavioral and experimental economics
- Comparative electoral studies, parliamentarism in the EU
- Demography, pensions and social policy
- Energy policy and security in the EU
- Health and long term care policy, health services research
- Impact of techno-scientific innovations on contemporary and future societies
- Macroeconomic forecasting, macroeconomic policy, taxation
- Socio-ecological transformation in the fields of mobility, food or labor
About the Award: The Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS) is an independent, non-profit research Institute in the heart of Vienna (Austria). It brings together high-level expertise from economists, sociologists, and political scientists to address fundamental economic and social problems and policy choices.
Incepted in 1963 under the auspices of two former Austrian scholars of world renown, Paul F. Lazarsfeld and Oskar Morgenstern with funds from the Ford Foundation, the IHS is today funded by the Austrian government, by various public organizations and by commissioned research. Currently the Institute counts approximately 100 employees.
The Marie Skłodowska‐Curie Individual Fellowship (IF) is a prestigious European funding scheme that supports mobility, career development, and training within and beyond Europe, and offers 12-24 months’ highly competitive salary and research funds. The goal of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships is to enhance the creative and innovative potential of experienced researchers, wishing to diversify their individual competence in terms of skill acquisition through advanced training, international and intersectoral mobility. The final deadline date for applications to EC is 14 September 2017.
Eligibility: Applicants must satisfy all below eligibility requirements
- Experienced researchers: Researchers in possession of a doctoral degree or with at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- Mobility rule: At the time of the deadline for submission of proposals (= 14 September 2017) the researcher must not have worked or resided in Austria for more than 12 months within the past 3 years.
Value of Program: Living allowance around EUR 4.870 per month, Mobility allowance around EUR 600 per month, Family allowance around EUR 500 per month.
Duration of Program: 12-24 months
How to Apply: Applicants must apply for the program via E-mail to SYLVIA KARL-PARZER – parzer(at)ihs.ac.at – by 11 April 2017 at the latest.
Your Expression of Interest consists of
- a COVER LETTER (including information on which research area(s) you apply for, see above),
- your CURRICULUM VITAE and
- a max. 3-PAGE RESEARCH PROPOSAL SUMMARY.
Your Expression of Interest has to be provided in ENGLISH and has to be COMPLETE to be taken into consideration.
EOI results will be announced in late May 2017. Selected candidates will THEN be invited to prepare their full proposal with their supervisor. Assistance with regards to proposal development and submission will also be provided by IHS
Award Provider: Institut für Höhere Studien – Institute for Advanced Studies (IHS)