The University of Nottingham is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) for students holding an offer to study in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Application Deadline: 10th March 2017.
Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Advanced Nursing MSc
- Assisted Reproduction Technology MMedSci
- Cancer Immunology and Biotechnology MSc
- Clinical Microbiology MSc
- Microbiology and Immunology MSc
- Molecular Genetics and Diagnostics MSc
- Molecular Medical Microbiology MSc
- Oncology MSc
- Public Health MPH
- Public Health (International Health) MPH
Eligibility: An interested candidate can apply for this scholarship if they:
- are a Commonwealth citizen, refugee or British protected person permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country (please see the CSC’s webpage in link below for a list of eligible countries) AND;
- are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes AND;
- have not studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country AND;
- are unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK AND;
- are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not a University of Nottingham graduate AND;
- by August 2017, hold a first degree of either first or upper second class (2:1) classification, or lower second class (2:2) classification plus a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a masters degree) AND;
- hold an offer to start a full-time masters degree programme at Nottingham in September 2017 in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences on one of the following courses above
- You must hold an offer to study at The University of Nottingham in September 2017 to apply for this scholarship so you should apply for your chosen course in the first instance (click the links above to apply).
- Application for admission to study at Nottingham must be received at least six weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for our Admissions office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the scholarship.
Number of Awardees: 6
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries:
- 100% of tuition fees;
- return airfare to the UK;
- a maintenance award and additional allowances
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply:
- Any application for admission to study submitted later than six weeks before the scholarship closing date is not guaranteed to be processed in time.
- There is no separate IELTS requirement for this scholarship. Applicants must meet the requirements of their course. Further information on The University of Nottingham’s English requirements is available here
- You must make your scholarship application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS).
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details; https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/scholarships-fees-and-finance/scholarships/scholarshipdetails/comm-shared-masters.aspx
Award Provider: University of Nottingham, UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission UK (CSC)